Friday, February 5, 2016

Well This Is Going to Be Crazy


Quick running update: Ever since the marathon three months ago I've still been running quite a bit. I enjoy it, it helps me maintain my weight, and keeps me in good overall physical shape. One thing that motivates me to run five times per week is getting to race. This weekend I'm tackling a big one: The Critz-Tybee Run Fest.

This is going to be challenging, fun, and a little crazy. That's because the Run Fest is actually five races in one event. Tonight I'll run in a 5K. No big deal. Tomorrow is when it gets tough. That's when I'm running in a 10K, then a half marathon, then a 2.8 mile beach run, and finally a one mile "fun run." By the end I doubt the fun run will live up to its name.

The total distance totals 26.2 miles, which is exactly marathon length. Yikes!

Racing is a funny thing because what you have is essentially a group of people who are willing to pay to provide their own entertainment. No one is running for me; I'll be putting forth the effort. And yet I happily shelled out close to $100 to take part. It's odd really. Nevertheless, I'm very much looking forward to this.

I'll provide an update on Sunday about how things go in the Run Fest - that is if I can get out of bed.

No comments: